The following is a tentative client code of conduct by which all of our clients will have to abide by in order to take advantage of the services provided by Land for the Homeless:
Client Code of Conduct
1. No weapons, violence, threats of violence, or harassment
2. No theft or damage/destruction of property
3. No possession of illegal items, drugs, drug paraphernalia, or alcohol
4. Any type of open flame is prohibited
5. No animals without the express permission of administration
6. Clients must keep their tents, the camp, and themselves clean
7. Interfering with the operations of administration is prohibited
8. No trespassing in others’ tents or in private administrative areas
9. Respect the rights and boundaries of others
10. Be honest and do not make false claims about anyone or anything in the camp
11. Treat others as you would wish to be treated
12. To ensure the proper upkeep and sanctity of the camp, clients must follow directions and chores given to them by administration
13. Clients must continually work on self-betterment while taking advantage of services provided by the organization
14. Clients must check in and check out on paper with administration
15. All clients’ visitors must check in and check out on paper with administration
Warning – To be issued as needed to disruptive individuals within the camp
Loss of Privileges – Enacted upon either a gross neglect of the code of conduct or a blatant disregard of a warning. Loss of privileges may include denial of access to the common area during certain hours or any recreational events sponsored by the organization.
Suspension – Reserved for severe cases of unacceptable conduct by clients. Clients will be asked to leave the camp and will not be allowed to return until they are reapproved by the administration.
Expulsion – Reserved for the most severe cases of abuse of acceptable conduct by clients. The organization wishes to not have to resort to this penalty but will if necessary in order to maintain the safety, good reputation, and efficiency of the camp.